Legs are the largest muscle group in the human body. If the question for girls is leg training whether it is important to rock their legs, then men do not really like to pump them. However, doing so and trying, all attention to give hands, chest, press or other muscles, quickly enough you will notice the disproportion of the top and bottom. In addition, a slowdown in progress is possible due to the lag in the development of one group. Agree, a man with mighty shoulders and thin legs can not be considered attractive.
Is it important to rock your legs and why?
We already noted at the beginning of the article that the legs are the most massive muscular group in the human body. If you have not asked yourself about a proper leg training program, then you still have a lot to learn in the science of bodybuilding. Legs take an active part in everyday life, and only for this reason they should be developed. If this is not enough for you, and the question is whether it is important to rock your feet, it is not yet removed, then we will continue.
Working with large weights involves the involvement of leg muscles, even if the training is aimed at other muscle groups. When you perform squats, the body has to synthesize a large amount of anabolic hormones. As a result, this affects the growth of other muscles.
With girls, everything is much simpler, because each of them understands that slender legs raise attention from the opposite sex. However, by pumping the lower part of the body, women accelerate the processes of lipolysis and can leg training quickly get rid of excess fat. It’s all about the same anabolic hormonal substances.
Here are the main reasons why men should work on the muscles of their legs:
- Promotes an increase in the production of testosterone, which positively affects the mass gain by the whole body.
- The human body is a single whole and can only develop harmoniously. If the muscles of the legs significantly lag behind in their development, other muscle groups also slow progress.
- To increase the size of the biceps by one centimeter, the athlete needs to collect in total four kilograms. It is not possible to do this only through the pumping of hands.
- All the muscles should rest, otherwise their growth will stop. On the day when you are not working on rugs or other muscles you can tackle your legs.
- Scientists are sure that thanks to the legs, the heart muscle can provide normal blood circulation throughout the body. Thus, by training the lower limbs, you improve leg training the performance of the cardiovascular system.
- Healthy legs significantly improve the general tone of a person, and you will feel good until old age.
- To make your body look the most attractive, you need to develop it harmoniously.
Anatomy of the leg muscles
Below we will talk more about the rules of leg muscles training, but first we should talk about the anatomy of this group. Such information will make it possible to compose a competent training process and get excellent results. This muscular group can be divided into four smaller ones, and now we will talk about each of them.
Also this group is called quadriceps muscle. It contains a large number of small muscles, which are located along the entire length of the external part of the thigh. The name of the group is associated with the presence of four distinct departments:
- The medial department is a broad, thick muscle that lies just above the knee joint.
- The middle section is the weakest muscle and almost not noticeable.
- The lateral department is located on the external surface of the thigh and reacts well to training.
- The straight department is located on the front surface of the thigh and is the largest muscle of the legs. The straight muscle takes its beginning from the iliac bone and is a tendon. Then it crosses the entire front surface of the thigh and again becomes a tendon.
The main tasks of the quadriceps are flexion-extension of the knee joint, as well as turning the leg in the hip joint. This suggests leg training that the stronger your quadricepal muscle, the less problems there will be with the above joints.
Sometimes this group of muscles is also called popliteal tendons. It also consists of four muscles, which are smaller in size than the quadriceps:
- Semi-tendon muscle.
- Semimembranous muscle.
- Short section of the hamstrings.
It consists of three small groups:
- Calf muscle – originates in the region of the knee joint and extends downward, where it is attached to the heel tendons.
- Fingal muscle – is located directly under the gastrocnemius and works when bending the knee joint.
- The front tibial muscle is located in the anterior part of the tibia, and its main task is to provide a lift to the toes.
What woman does not dream about tight and elastic buttocks? Men tend to pay less attention to this muscular group, but it is necessary to train it if you want to have a trulyleg training beautiful figure. Gluteal muscles consist of three sections: medium, small and large. The task of this group is the rotation, reduction and pulling of the hip.
How to properly shake your legs?
Knowing the structure of the muscular system of the legs, you can determine the most effective exercises for their pumping. This is what we are now talking about, because you already know the answer to the question – is it important to shake your legs? However, we will start with a review of the main mistakes that prevent many athletes from achieving positive results.
The use of ineffective exercises
Often the builders spend a lot of time on the simulators and perform a large number of isolated movements. However, they can only be useful as auxiliary to heavy basic movements.
Violation of the technique of performing movements
This is quite a lengthy topic and now we just want to remind that every young athlete should master the technique of all strength exercises and only then can proceed to the progression of the load.
Performing a large number of repetitions
As a result, the growth of all the muscles of the body slows down. There are certain ranges of repetitions that will help you gain weight or increase the power parameters.
You must remember that for mass gathering, it is necessary to perform basic movements with working weights ranging from 80 to 85 percent of the maximum. Other methods of training will be effective only when using sports pharmacology. It should leg training be recognized that the use of steroids can eliminate a large number of errors contained in the training program. However, the rapid growth of muscles and their strength under the influence of anabolic drugs increases the risk of injury to the joints, since connective tissues do not have this ability to adapt to load growth, as muscular.
However, do not think that natural athletes can not achieve good results. Undoubtedly, their figure will be significantly different from that of the bodybuilding stars, but many people do not need such huge muscles. For your leg workouts to be effective, follow a few simple guidelines.
Perform basic exercises
Only multi-joint movements can provide a powerful hormonal response to strength training. Perform them with the number of repetitions 4-6 or 5-7.
Use exercises that allow you to safely use the principle of load progression
Every natural athlete should remember that muscle growth is possible only with increasing power parameters. This can be achieved by applying the principle of progressive overload, assuming a smooth increase in working weight. However, not all exercises are suitable for using heavy weights, for example, flexing the legs in the simulator. This is due to the growth of the leg training negative load on the knee joints.
The more weight is used, the smaller the number of repetitions
This recommendation is related to the need to provide the muscles with a certain amount of time to recover. The heavier the weight is used, the more time it takes to recover. Otherwise you will be in a state of overtraining. Based on practical experience, it can be recommended when working with weights 80-85 percent of the maximum for 5-7 days to perform 60 to 70 repetitions. This recommendation is true for all major muscle groups in the body.
And now let’s move on to the best leg exercises. The first of these, of course, are squats. Performing a classic version of the movement, you can strengthen not only your legs, but also other muscles, except the chest. Also it is possible to recommend frontal squats, which perfectly load the quadriceps, and at the same time the negative leg training influence on the knee joints decreases.
Falls with a bar often use phytotes, as the movement well works the buttocks and hamstrings. Men can also recommend it, because the body should develop harmoniously. For the development of the hind femur, Romanian traction will be an excellent choice.
About the Bulgarian split-squat know not all, and we strongly recommend to master this movement. With its help, you can qualitatively work out the hamstrings, and also increase the rate of one repeated maximum in classic squats. HACC squats can be very useful and especially if your quadriceps is behind in development. Given the minimal burden on the lumbar region of the back, this movement can be safely included in the training program.
Leg presses are also performed in the simulator and allow the quadriceps to be strengthened. To effectively work on the buttocks, girls can be recommended to raise the pelvis with an emphasis on the bench. You can work without burdens or with them. Not carrying out lifts on socks, qualitatively to work calf muscles will not turn out. Exercise should be performed in the leg training sitting and standing positions.
In conclusion, we give an example of a training program for strengthening the muscles of the legs:
- Squats with a barbell on the shoulders – three sets of 4-6 repetitions for men and 8-10 for women.
- Frontal squats – three sets of 4-6 and 8-10 repetitions for men and women, respectively.
- Bulgarian split-sit-ups – the number of sets and repetitions is similar to previous movements.
- Climbing toes in standing position – three sets of 8-10 repetitions.
- Raising the pelvis with an emphasis on the bench – three sets of 8-10 repetitions. Girls exercise is compulsory. And men at will.