Everyone knows that a warm-up before strength training is an indispensable stretching stage, but very few people fully implement it. It also requires warm-up before training at home, for which, especially no one pays attention. Now you yourself will see how important it is to prepare the body for any training load and how to properly perform the warm-up.
Warm up is necessary for warming up the body, preparing it for the subsequent hard work. Most people use a treadmill as a workout. And it would be okay to run, otherwise it’s just walking, which, in my opinion, does not have time to warm up the body at all. And is it really necessary to run in general? Yes, such a warm-up has a lot of advantages, but after all, by and large, such cardio warm-up simply chases blood through the body, warming up the whole body. And if you are further waited for strength training, then … how do you think that your body needs more, to drive the blood through the body, or to prepare all the joints that are prone to various injuries during weight training?
Another part of people use stretching as a warm-up. Static stretching of muscles affects the strength indicators. In addition, stretch is not warmed muscles – the occupation is very traumatic. Stretching is best used after training, as a hitch. Muscles are already hot, well worked, thereby you improve blood flow in them, flexibility and elasticity of muscles and tendons, soothe the body so to speak.
They are simply kneaded by the 1 st approach of the exercise that they will perform, but, naturally – with half the weight of their basic working weight. They perform a large number of repetitions while observing an ideal technique and a slow pace.
But, if you are not yet at such a high level in bodybuilding – it is better to warm up and calm down. And do it as carefully as possible. It never hurts you and will save you from many injuries. The so-called “stretching” is a set of stretching exercises and flexibility. Its advantages:
Warm-up before training (before the main exercises):
- makes the blood flow in the joints stronger, which makes it possible to increase the smoothness of movements. And this protects against injuries;
- raises the temperature of the blood, which prevents the stretching of the muscles;
- blood more quickly enters the muscles, so that they are more strongly and qualitatively reduced and grow faster;
- It allows to work the muscle along the entire range of motion – from full stretching to complete contraction. For the full development of muscles – it’s just necessary.
Soothing exercises (after performing the basic exercises):
- after intensive training with heavy weights, allows the heart and the circulatory system to gradually reduce activity. Prevents stagnation of blood;
- after a hard pumping – lengthen the muscles, which are greatly reduced. This prevents the appearance of pain in the muscles and develops flexibility;
- lower the body temperature to normal.
When you are engaged in stretching, then you must follow certain rules:
- Before you start stretching the muscles – you need to warm them up a little. For this it is enough to arrange a light jog for 2-3 minutes. You can twist the pedals of a stationary bicycle.
- No sudden movements during stretching.
- In order to enter the stretched position – spend for this 2-3 seconds. In order to keep the stretched position – 7-10 seconds. After rest, repeat 2 more times. Get out of the stretched position slowly.
- Too much stretching will hurt, so do not let it happen.
Stretching the chest and shoulders
It is necessary to become in the doorway, or between fixed supports. Develop your hands in the sides and rest your palms. Then slowly lean forward. Under the weight of your body – the muscles of the chest and shoulders will stretch. This position should be kept for 10 seconds. Relax and repeat 3 times.
Stretching the bottom of the back and hamstrings
Lying on your back, put your feet behind your head so that your toes touch the floor. Hold this position for 7-10 seconds. Repeat 3 times. If you have not done this exercise before, then fingers can not reach the floor, at first. If you practice this, then soon it will not be difficult for you to get your fingers to the floor.
Then you can:
- Slopes forward, touching the feet with your fingers. After you bend as much as possible – try to hold this position for 10 seconds and slowly rise.
- Alternating touch of socks with fingers. Legs should be placed at a width of 1 m. Bend forward and grip the right hand with your left foot or knee. Hold for 10 seconds and then repeat the other way. Do 3 times in each direction.
- Tilts to the sides. Your right hand should be lowered, and the left hand should be raised above your head. Lean to the right as deep as possible and hold this position for 10 seconds. Then bend to the other side. In each side 3 times.
After you have performed stretching – you can perform exercises that will increase blood circulation and provide the best blood flow to the muscles. You can jog or jump on a rope. Here is an example of this warm-up program:
- Jumps with claps above your head, legs apart – 20-30 times.
- Alternate touching of the toes of the apart legs with fingers – 20-30 times.
- Tilts to the sides – 20-40 times.
- Push-ups from the floor – 10-15 times.
Warm-up exercises need to be done one after another, without rest, in order to prepare the body well for training. On the warm-up to allocate no more than 10 minutes, in order to keep the forces on the main workout …
And here are some relaxing exercises after training:
- Relaxation in the sauna or pool – 5-8 minutes.
- Swimming – 5 minutes.
- Jogging with gradual slowing down and walking – 5-10 minutes.
- Rotation pedals stationary bicycle – 5 minutes.
Rules and recommendations for a warm-up
- Begin a warm-up complex followed by a slow pace without jumps and bursts of activity, increasing the pace of warm-up should be gradual and maximum smooth, that would not cause a sharp increase in heart rate.
- The recommended pulse rate during warm-up is not less than 95 and not more than 110 beats per minute;
- The intensity of training should be low or slightly below average, your goal is only the preparation of the cardiovascular system, warming up muscles and ligaments.
- If the temperature of the air is low at the training site, increase the warm-up time for several minutes and use warm clothing.
- If the planned training program is of a power or intensive nature, the warm-up should be done medium and slightly above the average intensity;
- If the upcoming training is aimed at improving flexibility or relaxation, in this case the warm-up should be done with low intensity.
Warm up before training and its types
Conditionally, the warm-up can be divided into four parts:
- general warm-up;
- special warm-up;
- stretching ;
Warm-up before training, stretching and soothing exercises are very important in bodybuilding, so do not be lazy and do not be cocky. Good health to you!