Read full story
Oxymetholone is a synthetic anabolic steroid developed in the 1960s by Syntex Pharmaceuticals. Initially, Anadrol was developed as a drug for the treatment of osteoporosis and anemia (anemia), as well as for stimulating muscle growth in poorly eating and weakened patients. Oxymetholone has been approved by the FDA for use in humans. Later, non-steroidal drugs were created that effectively cured anemia and osteoporosis, and the popularity of Anapolon decreased and by 1993 Syntex decided to stop the production of the drug as well as many other manufacturers. However, oxymetholone still remained in medicine, as new studies have shown that Anapolon is effective in the treatment of HIV-infected patients.
Anadrol is the most powerful and, at the same time, the most effective oral steroid. The composition has an extremely high androgenic effect with an extremely intense anabolic component.
Anadrol is available in tablets of 50 mg and is one of the most powerful available steroids, while the drug can cause some side effects that are common to all anabolic steroids. Since 2013, the oily solution of oxymetholone (50 mg / ml) has spread.
- Anabolic activity – 320% of testosterone
- Androgenic activity – 30% of testosterone
- Aromatization (conversion to estrogens) – no, but there may be progestin-related side effects similar to estrogen.
- Toxicity to the liver – medium-high (comparable to methandrostenolone, toxicity is directly proportional to the dose)
- Method of intake – inside (in tablets); extremely rarely in an injectable form.
- The duration of the action is 15 hours (half-life is 9 hours)
- Detection time – up to 12 weeks
Farmakodinamika of Anadrol
- The pronounced muscle growth (oxymetholone is considered one of the most effective steroids in bodybuilding for muscle mass gain – up to 15 kg of muscle mass per 1 course, after the course there is a noticeable phenomenon of recoil – up to 30% of the recruited mass can be lost, as some mass gain is due to congestion liquid)
- Significant increase in strength
- Anapolon in a number of athletes eliminates pain in the joints, improves their function (due to the greater production of synovial fluid, is due partly progestin nature). But this useful property is noted not by all athletes
- Reduces the sex hormone binding globulin – it makes the effect of other anabolic hormones (as well as your own testosterone) with a combined application, more pronounced and quick
- Increases the content of red blood cells in the blood, increases stamina.
Side effects of Oxymetholone
17-alpha-alkyl group in the structure of the drug allows you to pass the liver without breaking down, but it makes Anapolon toxic to the liver. Studies were conducted lasting 30 weeks, where the subjects used Oksimetolon at a dose of 50 mg per day. As a result, various side effects, including liver, were identified.
In the Schroeder 2003 trial, subjects received a dose of 50 or 100 mg / day, with only one of the subjects significantly increased AlAT (alanine aminotransferase) in 12 weeks of continuous use. But, as it turned out later, this was due to the use of alcohol just before blood donation. When reanalysed, an increase in ALT was not detected. In all other subjects, ALT and AST were slightly elevated, but invariably remained within normal limits. Thus, the toxic effect on the liver is largely exaggerated. The safest dosage of the drug is 50 mg per day (or less).
It should also be noted that oxymetholone is not converted to estrogens, however, it can often cause fluid accumulation in the body, gynecomastia, increase blood pressure and some others. It should be noted that oxymetholone has a relatively low progestin activity (in comparison with progestins: nandrolone and trenbolone). Therefore, in extreme cases it is recommended to use blockers of prolactin
In some cases (when using large doses), the drug can cause diarrhea, worsen appetite, cause mild nausea. Oxymetholone, to a lesser degree than most steroids, suppresses the production of its own testosterone.
The method of application is described on the basis of literature sources, is presented for informational purposes only and is not a guide to action.
- The course of anapolone can be prescribed to men over 21 years of age for an intensive set of muscle mass.
- The course duration of oxymetholone is 4-6 weeks. Do not make a course longer than 6 weeks, first, because the greatest results are noted during the first three weeks of the course, and secondly, because of the possible toxicity for the liver.
- The maximum easily tolerated dosage of Anapolone is 100 mg per day. First, because it has been proven that a larger increase in dosage does not lead to better results. Secondly, the risk of the side effects of anapolone increases. The optimal dose for beginners is 50 mg per day. In this case, there are a number of regimens, daily dosages in which reach 200 mg.
- Taking a drug with a gradual increase in dosage makes sense only if there are concerns about its tolerability. Usually, the drug is taken in a stable dosage from the first to the last day of the course. Gradual reduction in dosage has no practical meaning.
- At the end of the course, the PCT is held. Start taking testosterone boosters and estrogen blockers (clomiphene, thorimefen; tamoxifen can not be used because it stimulates progestin receptors) for 3-4 weeks to restore the production of your own testosterone.
- To maximize the effectiveness of the course, take a sports nutrition complex to gain muscle mass and follow a diet to gain muscle mass.
- Be sure to consult with a specialist before taking oxymetholone.
Oxymetholone is well combined with some injections, but it should not be combined with 17-alpha-alkylated steroids, as this will increase the burden on the liver. Often Anapolon is used for the so-called “quick start” (the anabolic effect begins to manifest very quickly), providing at the earliest stages of the course significant increases in strength and body weight, while the remaining drugs in the stack gradually increase concentrations. Combination allows to achieve the best effect, because oxymetholone reduces the concentration of sex hormone binding globulin, increasing the free fraction of other hormones, while it acts as a synergist for a very large number of drugs. Given that Anapolon has a low affinity for androgen receptors (poorly associated with them), other highly-androgenic hormones can have a full-length action through interaction with these receptors without competition with the anapolone.
- For the recruitment of muscle mass, the anapolone is combined with Testosterone, Boldenone, Primobolan, but not with Nandrolone and Trenbolone, because this can lead to more pronounced progestin-like action.
- To increase the strength of the most commonly used with various esters of Testosterone. A very effective combination is the combination of oxymetholone with a suspension of stanozolol, while athletes note a rapid increase in strength. But it is necessary to take into account the high traumatic danger of this combination, especially for people with chronic injuries.
- For drying and relief, oxymetholone is practically not used because of its property to provoke a strong fluid retention.
- Bodybuilders at the competitive level often use a one-time intake of 100-250 mg of oxymetholone on the day of entering the stage. This gives fullness to the athlete’s musculature.
Showing all 6 results